CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving Traditions

Photo Courtesy morgueFileWith Thanksgiving coming up next week, I've been thinking about holiday traditions. Used to be, when my parents were still alive, that hubby and I would travel to northern Indiana every Thanksgiving.

We'd take along Christmas gifts for all the family, and white elephant items (yard sale stuff) that we used as prizes for Bingo. We'd spend several days with Mom and Dad and visit all the family and old hang-outs. I miss those times. In fact, I guess I miss my parents the most at Thanksgiving.

Now, we're developing our own traditions, but it's not quite the same. Our son and his wife will visit for lunch then head to her parent's home and Dad and I will sit around playing Yahtzee. After the years with my very loud family, it's a lot quieter, that's for sure.

What are you Thanksgiving traditions? I'd love to hear what others are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment