CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 16, 2009

Steve Stevanovich: Numb3rs in Real Life?

Ever watch the show Numb3rs about the university professor, Charlie Eppes (David Krumholtz) and his FBI agent brother, Don Eppes (Rob Morrow) who fight crimes using mathematical equations? At least Charlie uses the math, Don states emphatically in one episode that he was a C student where physics was concerned. This is what I thought of when I read about Steve Stevanovich and the Stevanovich Center for Financial Mathematics.

There's probably no real relation between the two, but being a Numb3rs fan, that's just what comes to mind when I read about the kind of emphasis on math that Steve Stevanovich expresses in his support of the Center.

Actually, the October 30, 2009 Conference on Liquidity, Credit Risk, and Extreme Events in downtown Chicago is probably more what the Stevanovich Center for Financial Mathematics is all about I'd say. Just my mind searching for mysteries. ;o)

Interesting, though, don't you think? I wonder what Steve Stevanovich thinks of Numb3rs...

No comments:

Post a Comment